Post image for Parsley Grilled Chicken

Parsley Grilled Chicken

July 8, 2009 Print This Post Print This Post

I mentioned in a recent post that I started weight watchers. I’ve been “trying” to lose weight for the last year or so…. counting calories off and on, “going” to the gym. Whatever it was that I was doing was failing. More like the lack of what I was doing. I finally had the last straw and decided to give weight watchers a try. So far I’m down 7 lbs :-) I’m happy! I’m not going to admit how many more I want to lose but I feel better than I have in a long time. Anyway… after confessing to joining Weight Watchers I got some comments and e-mails to share what we’ve been eating. So I’m making a bigger effort to take pictures of all the grilled goodness that we’ve been whipping up. So be prepared for a ton of grilled goodies coming soon!

So here’s the first of many tasty grilled chicken recipes. This is a simple delicious dinner for a weeknight or really any occasion! Absolutely delish!

Parsley Grilled Chicken

1 lb chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp minced fresh italian parsley
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
salt to taste

Pound chicken breasts down to uniform thickness and place in large bowl. Lightly coat chicken in olive oil (~1 tsp or more). Season chicken breasts evenly with remaining ingredients. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes or more. While grill heats, remove chicken from fridge and allow to rest at room temperature. Grill until browned on both sides and chicken is firm to the touch but not hard keeping in mind that you want to flip the chicken as few times as possible. If desired, check the internal temperature (USDA recommends 165 F for chicken breasts). Actual cooking time will depend upon thickness of chicken breasts and how hot your grill is. Serve hot.

Cate July 8, 2009 at 11:45 pm

I’m not a huge parsley fan but I am definitely going to try this with cilantro instead!

Tonya Lynn July 9, 2009 at 7:01 am

I can’t wait to try this! I too have been ‘trying’ to lose some weight… especially after the success I’ve had previously on weight watchers! (I lost 85 lbs in about 11 months!) but now I have gained that back because I didn’t apply what I learned after I reached my goal weight! (you definitely have motivated me) I can’t wait to see/try more of your recipies that I’m sure will help shed the pounds!!!

Tonya Lynn July 9, 2009 at 7:02 am

p.s… do you know the points that a serving of this has? thx :)

ash July 9, 2009 at 8:25 am

Tonya – Just count the points for your portion of chicken + how much oil you use. Don’t skimp too much on the oil though. The oil helps the chicken from drying out on the grill. You want moist delish chicken not a dried up mess :-)

Laura July 9, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Looks great! I make a lemon parsley marinade for chicken that I put on the grill that we all just love.

It’s awesome to be able to pack so much flavor into something that can tend to be kind of bland – yet still be good for your waistline.

chloemonstr July 9, 2009 at 1:28 pm

yay for 7lbs! your recipe looks delicious…if i ate chicken ;)

James July 9, 2009 at 3:32 pm

uhm uhm uhm.. ver lovely recipe. I’m a vegetarian, but my girlfriend will love it. Thanks.

Kenda Oster May 6, 2012 at 10:26 pm

I chose this dish for dinner as my husband and I wanted to try out our new grill and we wanted something easy. The bonus was that we had all the ingredients on hand, and could use parsley from our garden. I added a tiny bit of lemon olive oil mixture (that I had leftover from a caprese salad) on top of the chicken after patting all of the other ingredients on and it added just a touch of zing. I also scored the chicken so the marinade could sink in. I think we marinated it for about 1.5 hours. It came out very moist and we just loved it! We will be making it again for sure!