Post image for Pulled Pork Tacos

Pulled Pork Tacos

March 8, 2010 Print This Post Print This Post

Work has been keeping me really busy lately. As is life, so I’ve been spending Sundays trying to cook as much as possible for the week. When I saw this recipe pop up on Sing for Your Supper, I knew I had to try it! They do look amazing don’t they?? Speaking of Amy’s blog, have you checked it out? Amy is a fellow Texan, and an opera singer & voice teacher. She has a fabulous blog with delicious eats. She won a contest recently and one of her cookie recipes appeared in the Fort Worth Star Telegram; I can’t wait to try them! Definitely pop over and check out her blog!

Anyway, back to the recipe. I knew we’d be able to get several meals out of this which makes it ideal for weeknights! It reheats really well and is packed with flavor! Top your tacos off however you like. We opted for lettuce, sliced avocado & homemade salsa (and sour cream for hubby). I definitely recommend some avocado or guacamole though, its particularly good with the pork! Check out the original recipe on Food Network if you’re looking for some slaw to go with the pulled pork!

Definitely give it a try! It won’t disappoint!

Pulled Pork Tacos

1 Tbsp honey
1 orange, halved and juiced
1 lime, halved and juiced
salt & pepper, to taste
1 package corn tortillas, warmed
Garnishes as desired

Preheat the oven to 325°F.

In a dutch oven, combine the spices (oregano, chili powder, cumin), pork, onion chicken broth/stock, tomato paste, honey, orange and lime juice. Stir. Over medium heat, bring mixture to a simmer. Cover dutch oven and transfer to oven. Cook, covered, until the pork is tender and easily shreds, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Remove the meat from the dutch oven to a cutting board. Put dutch oven on stove over medium heat, and reduce the liquid until it becomes slightly syrupy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, shred the meat and return to dutch oven once liquid is reduced. Allow pork to soak up remaining liquid. Season with salt & pepper as desired. Serve with corn tortillas and garnish as desired.

Source: Adapted from The Neelys

Jessica @ How Sweet March 8, 2010 at 10:35 am

I love pulled pork – I have ventured away from most meats just because of the texture, but have always loved pulled pork. It’s even better in a taco!

Connie March 8, 2010 at 11:24 am

I am always looking for different taco recipes…these look great!

Maria March 8, 2010 at 3:18 pm

My hubs will love these!

themilkmanswife March 8, 2010 at 9:29 pm

Oooo! YUM! I recently discovered pork tacos (hadn’t had them before until recently) and I am in some serious love. These look divine!

Sonja @ ActiveFoodie March 9, 2010 at 1:08 am

These look wonderful, I LOVE pulled pork, it’s my meat of choice at any BBQ joint!

Amy from She Wears Many Hats March 10, 2010 at 8:55 am

I should go eat some breakfast before looking at yummy sites like this. Although a pulled pork taco for breakfast wouldn’t be the worst thing ever would it?

ashley March 10, 2010 at 9:17 am

Amy, Pulled Pork breakfast tacos are actually one of my faves!! Scramble so eggs, pulled pork with salsa on corn tortillas. Its perfect for breakfast!

elly March 10, 2010 at 10:18 pm

These sound great! Nothing beats a good taco. :)

Amy (Sing For Your Supper) March 11, 2010 at 4:57 pm

Well aren’t you SWEET?! Thank you for the awesome shout-out! I happen to love your blog too (us Aggie-lovin’ girls gotta stick together!) :-) and your tacos look amazing!! I didn’t think of putting avocado on mine! *kicking self*

arugulove March 11, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I have been craving Mexican food all day. This is not helping. I may need to go buy myself a burrito to hold myself over until I can make this recipe. yum!

Patty March 11, 2010 at 11:01 pm

I’m such a big fan of pulled pork, thanks for the recipe!

Memoria March 11, 2010 at 11:34 pm

Oh goodness!! These tacos look amazing!!! I want some!

Patty March 13, 2010 at 12:59 am

These look fantastic, I’ve been dying for a good taco and I think this recipe just might do the trick!

Joan March 14, 2010 at 9:12 pm

Made these today. I don’t have dutch oven so I threw everything in the crockpot this morning and cooked on low for about 7 hours then shredded the pork. Yummy. Thanks!

ashley March 15, 2010 at 8:43 am

Joan – thanks for the feedback! I’ve had a few people ask about using a crockpot but I don’t have one so wasn’t sure what to tell them about cooking time! Glad you liked the recipe!

Brenda March 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm

I did the same thing with the crock pot today and it turned out really good. I did not even reduce the liquid, once I shredded the pork, it was enough to soak it all up. Then I added cabbage in a lime vinegrette to the tacos. Very yummy.

Krystal June 8, 2010 at 2:47 pm

Yum, I just made these last night for dinner, and they were awesome!! Thanks for posting these, I finally got around to making it. I mentioned you and Amy’s blog about it.

amish baby cribs February 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Thumbs up on this one. I like it so much. I just tried and it is really delicious.